We will offer feedback and guide you through the writing process, but we will not “edit” or “revise” essays.
The amount of feedback is based on the volume of requests. As a result, feedback is generally less comprehensive than what you’d get at an in-person appointment.
Specialists typically respond between 2-3 business days, depending on demand.
Please also be aware of limitations on feedback due to the medium & request volume (see below).
How to Get an Email Consultation
If these steps are not followed, there will be a delay in response time and follow-up questions will be necessary.
Fill out the Information Form
The form is required for each online consultation. Please note that services are for currently enrolled undergraduates only.
Email Your Paper and Info
Include the following in your email to us:
- Course name in subject header
- A copy of the assignment prompt
- Your document in .doc format
- 2-3 specific concerns you would like feedback on
Once you have filled out the form, email the things listed above to email@example.com
- We will discuss one essay per email consultation.
- Feedback will be more focused and useful if you identify what you want a Writing Specialist to pay attention to.
- Examples of specific request terms:
- ○ Specificity of thesis
- ○ Verb tenses in methods section
- ○ Transitions between body paragraphs
- ○ Conclusion as more than summary of argument
- The following are not specific requests: “Grammar,” “content,” “revising,” and similar global terms.
Limit on Repeat Submissions
Students can request feedback on 1 paper per email and can send 2 emails per week.
For multiple submissions of the same assignment, we expect substantial revisions between submissions and may ask you to revise further before re-submitting.
Repeated requests for grammar feedback on the same assignment may be denied. However, if you have further questions about the general grammatical concepts raised in our feedback, feel free to ask.