Writing Specialist Appointments
At the Center, our mission is your improvement as a writer, not simply the improvement of your paper. We offer feedback and guide you through choices in the writing process, rather than making your decisions and editing a paper for you.
Our Writing Specialists are a professional, experienced staff available for 50-minute appointments. To make your appointment:
- Click on the image that says “Book Now” to be directed to the Appointments system to make your appointment; be sure you’re on the “Writing Specialists” calendar in the drop-down box.
- Fill out the “Appointment Information” and tell us about how we can best support your writing.
- Select a date, time, and advisor for your appointment.
- Confirm your appointment date and time on the window that is displayed to complete the booking process. An email reminder will also be sent to you.
Note: Graduate students should make appointments at the Graduate Resource Center.
How to make the most of your appointment:
- Bring your writing, and if applicable, its prompt along with specific questions you’d like to ask. This can include your top concerns or things you’d like to learn or improve as a writer.
- To allow for adequate revision between appointments, we limit to 2 appointments per week and 1 appointment per day.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please do so via the Appointments calendar or contact us; otherwise you will lose appointment privileges for 7 days.
- Email us at email@example.com or call us at (949) 436-8060 during our business hours if you have any questions.