Writing Specialist Appts
ATTENTION: All Winter 2021 services will be remote via Zoom, including Writing Specialist appointments
Our Writing Specialists are a professional, experienced staff available for 50-minute appointments. To make your appointment:
- Click on the image that says “Book Now” to be directed to the Appointments system to make your appointment; be sure you’re on the “Writing Specialists” calendar in the drop-down box.
- Fill out the intake form by clicking the button that says “Click here to fill out the required form” and tell us about how we can best support your writing!
At the Center, our mission is your improvement as a writer, not simply the improvement of your paper.We offer feedback and guide you through choices in the writing process, rather than making your decisions and editing a paper for you. (Click here for more information about our consultation practices.)
Looking for an appointment with our HumCore Specialist? Click here or on the image below to go to that schedule in Appointments.
Student athletes may book an appointment specifically for them here.
Writing Specialist Appointment policies
- Appointments are available for currently enrolled UCI undergraduates only and are made with professional, full-time Writing Specialists.
- Appointments are limited to 2 appointments per week per student and 1 appointment per day due to high demand and to ensure adequate revision between appointments. This includes Zoom and email consultations.
- Appointments are forfeited if you are 15 minutes late. However, you may still use drop-in tutoring.
- You must cancel if you cannot attend an appointment or risk losing appointment privileges.
- If you fail to show up for an appointment without advance notification, you will lose appointment privileges for seven days.
- If you are requesting feedback on a take-home essay exam, you must provide written permission (e.g., syllabus or instructor note) allowing you to use the Writing Center.
- Graduate students may make appointments at the Graduate Postdoctoral Scholar Resource Center.