At the Center, our mission is your improvement as a writer, not simply the improvement of your paper.
We offer feedback and guide you through choices in the writing process, rather than making your decisions and editing a paper for you. (Click here for more information about our consultation practices.)
- Appointments are available for currently enrolled UCI undergraduates only and are made with professional, full-time Writing Specialists.
- Appointments are limited to 2 appointments per week per student and 1 appointment per day due to high demand and to ensure adequate revision between appointments. This includes in-person and email consultations.
- Appointments are forfeited if you are 15 minutes late. However, you may still wait for one as a walk-in.
- You must call at least one hour ahead to cancel an appointment or risk losing appointment privileges.
- If you fail to show up for an appointment without advance notification, you will lose appointment privileges for the quarter.
- If you are bringing a take-home essay exam, you must provide written permission (e.g., syllabus or instructor note) allowing you to use the Writing Center.
- Graduate students may make appointments at the Graduate Resource Center.