At the Center, our mission is your improvement as a writer, not simply the improvement of your paper.We offer feedback and guide you through choices in the writing process, rather than making your decisions and editing a paper for you. (Click here for more information about our consultation practices.)
See our hours of operation for available times; appointments are booked on the hour.
- Fill out the intake form. This is required for each appointment. Click the button above to complete the required form.
- Review your paper and/or materials before your appointment. Your appointment will be much more efficient, and the advice you get more useful, if the session is not slowed down by a number of potentially confusing issues or errors that you could have caught yourself.
- Prioritize what you would like feedback on. We may not be able to get all the way through long papers or multiple papers due to the in-depth nature of writing consultations.
- Have your assignment instructions (or “essay prompt”). If you are writing about a text, bring the text to your appointment as well.
- Prepare questions for the Writing Specialist. Having a specific concern or question for your specialist will help you make the most of your session. Read tips for getting feedback on your writing.