Location: UCI Writing Center (193 Ayala Science Library)
Description: Undergrads! Join us for our End-of-the-Quarter Weekend Write-in, a casual gathering featuring free snacks and personalized feedback from Writing Center staff. Any and all writing assignments, from essays and lab reports to personal statements, are welcome.
While we won't “edit” your papers, some of the things we can help with are…
• Understanding your assignment
• Evaluating and citing sources
• Brainstorming and outlining
• Organization and coherence
• Argumentation and analysis
• Incorporating evidence
• Thesis development
• Style and sentence structure
• Spotting grammatical errors
• Revision strategies
Bring ‘em if you got ‘em: A prompt. An outline. A draft. Class notes. Key sources. A friend. Snacks (i.e., Brain Food) provided.